Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 7, 2014

9-7-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:








September’s Infographics & Interactives Galore – Part One
There are just so many good infographics and interactives out there that I’ve begun a new semi-regular feature called “Infographics & Interactives Galore.” You can see others at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics and by searching “infographics” on this blog. I’ll still be publishing separate posts to individually highlight especially useful infographics and interactives, but you

Quote Of The Day: “The Book That Got Teaching Right”
Samuel G. Freedman has written a great column in The New Yorker about the book Up the Down Staircase whose author, Bel Kaufman, died this past summer. His column is headlined The Book That Got Teaching Right. Here’s an excerpt: I certainly had heard of the book and movie before, but only as a faint memory. I’ve ordered both now and looking forward to reading and watching!
Research Studies Of The Week
I often write about research studies from various fields and how they can be applied to the classroom. I write individual posts about ones that I think are especially significant, and will continue to do so. However, so many studies are published that it’s hard to keep up. So I’ve started writing a “round-up” of some of them each week or every other week as a regular feature. By the way, you mi

YESTERDAY

September’s (2014) Best Tweets — Part One
Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in post. If you don’t use Twitter, you can
Even More Useful Articles & Videos On Race & Racism
© 2012 Dominic Dominic Jacques-Bernard, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio Here are new additions to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism: When Whites Just Don’t Get It, Part 2 is by Nicholas Kristof at The New York Times. White People’s Obsession with Reverse Racism Three quarters of whites don’t have any non-white friends is from The Washington Post. Mapping the count
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 9-6-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL LARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE WEEKDaily Show Does Great Segment On Child RefugeesI’m adding this great video segment to The Best Resources For Learning About The Children Refugee Crisis At The U.S. Southern Border: The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive7 by Lar