Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 13, 2014

6-13-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







“Response: The Role Of Arts Education In Schools”
Response: The Role Of Arts Education In Schools is my latest post over at Education Week Teacher. There’s certainly been a lot of interest in this topic, and I’ve included many readers’ comments in this post. In addition, I’m featuring guest responses from three educators — Virginia McEnerney, David Booth and Heather Wolpert-Gawron. Here are some excerpts:


The Best Tweets Of 2014 — So Far
Here’s my latest mid-year “The Best…” list. You might also be interested in: The Best Tweets Of 2013 The Best Tweets Of 2013 – So Far Best Tweets Of 2012 Best “Tweets” Of 2011 Best “Tweets” Of 2010 Best “Tweets” Of 2009 I’ve used Storify to “curate” them: [View the story "Best Tweets Of 2014 -- So Far" on Storify]


My Best Posts On New Research Studies In 2014 – So Far
I write many posts about recent research studies and how they can relate practically to the classroom. In fact, I post a regular feature called Research Studies of the Week. In addition, I write individual posts about studies I feel are particularly relevant to my work as a teacher. I’m continuing with my mid-year “Best” lists, and it makes sense now to publish one on recent studies. You can see


TED-Ed Video: “The colossal consequences of supervolcanoes”
TED-Ed has published this video about supervolcanoes (you can find the entire lesson here). I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Volcanoes.


6-12-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: The Day After The “Vergara” Decision: Here Are More Thoughtful Reflections From Around The WebHere are some more thoughtful reflections on yesterday’s Vergara decision that I’m adding to California Court Rules It’s All The Teachers’ Fault: Informed Student Advocates Pursue Reforms that, Unlike Vergara v. California, Actuall