Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 11, 2014

5-11-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:





Emeritus Professor Jack Hassard Reviews My Book
I first read of Georgia State University Emeritus Professor Jack Hassard in connection to his work on the Gates funding of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). In my search of Gates’ CCSS spending, I examined spending specific to the keyword “Common Core” with one addition (Fordham Institute). The total Gates CCSS spending from my search was $173.5 million. Hassard broadened […]

A Valuable Research Tool: The “Way Back Machine”
In exposing corporate reformers at their game, I have found that information sometimes “conveniently” disappears from websites once such information is publicized in a less-than-complimentary blog post. There is a way to view web pages that have been removed or otherwise altered: The “Way Back Machine”: https://archive.org/web/web.php The “Way Back Machine” is a search engine […]

On Foma and Mendacity: Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
On Foma and Mendacity: Letting the Cat Out of the Bag. via On Foma and Mendacity: Letting the Cat Out of the Bag.


For Mother’s Day, embrace the complications
It’s hard for me not to be slightly cynical on special days like this because they’re largely capitalist confections created by skilled marketers. Take a look at how far we’ve come from the original connotations of “Mother’s Day,” from the Zinn History Project. What began as a call to action, now we eat brunch and exchange […]


All Week 5-10-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE : All Week @ THE CHALK FACE The First Official Review of My BookThe first posted review of my newly-released book, A Chronicle of Echoes, comes from retired Chicago teacher and fellow blogger Ken Previti. My book became available on Amazon.com on Sunday, April 27, 2014. I believe Ken bought it immediately. I know that he read it voraciously. Below is part of Ken’s review of A Chro