Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 31, 2014

3-31-13 Curmudgucation

CURMUDGUCATION:









Re: Building the Machine
I have just watched the Home School Legal Defense association's documentary, Building the Machine.I must tell you that I approached this with some reservations. In my mind, there is an important distinction between different sorts of Common Core Testy Regime opponents. On one hand, we have people who are fighting the high stakes test-driven corporate agenda because they want to rescue the heart an


More Marketing By Poll

Want to see how pollsters can keep finding widespread support for the Common Core? Today we've got a perfect example to look at. I am not a statistics or polling guy. I cannot, with any shred of authority, discuss n-curves and sampling error and any of those fancy statsy stuff. But I am a language guy, and I know when language is being used to game a system. And when it comes to polling, asking th
3-30-13 Curmudgucation Week
CURMUDGUCATION: A Message from Andrea RediskeIt's a tough contest these days to determine which state legislature is most hostile to public education, but Florida legislators (motto "Finding New Ways To Make Things Worse") has been giving it the old college and career ready try.Nobody knows that better than the family of Ethan Rediske. His mother Andrea has been working tirelessly to ins