Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 3, 2014

3-3-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:







#optout Chicago: Administrator Pledge
Michelle Gunderson: Administrator’s Pledge on Ethical Treatment of Students Who Opt Out Originally appeared here: http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/living-in-dialogue/2014/03/michelle_gunderson_shares_an_a.html

BATs: Sanitized for Weingarten’s Protection?
On the second day of the NPE Conference in Austin, I was working at home, with one browser tab open to the livestream of the conference and another open to the Twitter feed about it. At one point, I saw a tweet that Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, was not going […]

Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?

Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?. via Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?.
All Week 3-1-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE My Open Letter to Dennis Van RoekelMr. Van Roekel: I haven’t formally thanked you for allowing me to share the stage with you in December of last year at the NCUEA conference in Austin. It was an enlightening experience for me and it was a pleasure to meet you. I remember being pleasantly surprised by your speech! Your insistence tha