Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 13, 2014

3-13-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week

With A Brooklyn Accent:







Destroying Public Education: A Fourth Inner City Catastrophe?

One of the great ironies in contemporary American History is that top leaders of the Democratic Party are supporting the elimination of public education in Urban America - even though the public schools are the one institution in inner city neighborhoods that survived de-industrialization, the crack epidemic, and the war on drugs.Instead of treating schools in those communities, which certainly ha
3-11-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week
With A Brooklyn Accent: A First Year Bronx Teacher Who Loves Her Kids Says "Enough"There comes a point when you've been shoved around by your job so much that you stop caring. It's scary when that day is a Tuesday in March and you're a teacher. I've been bullied. I've been ignored. My kids IEPs are a catastrophe (I don't do them, we have a "team" for that). I've been told I can