Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 13, 2014

3-13-14 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida

Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education:







Not a Three-Year “Pause,” But a One-Year “Delay” in Florida School Accountability

Lloyd Dunkelberger of Halifax Media Services reports in the Daytona Beach News-Journal: TALLAHASSEE — Local school districts likely will not get a three-year delay they want in moving to new school standards, a new statewide assessment test and other accountability measures. Instead, state lawmakers on Wednesday backed legislation to essentially provide a one-year delay, meaning public schools wil
3-12-14 Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida
Scathing Purple Musings | Color me purple in Florida, red in Washington, dark sky-blue in Israel and public school in Education: Do I Belong in the Network for Public Education?Its called the race card. And it was dropped on me in a place I never expected, but in sad retrospection, should have. It was flattered to be asked to present at the first annual Network for Public Education conference 10 d