Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Malawi Educator starts #TeacherTuesday | My Island View

Malawi Educator starts #TeacherTuesday | My Island View:



Malawi Educator starts #TeacherTuesday



The World Education Blog in association with Education For All Global Monitoring Report is sponsoring #Teacher Tuesday. Each week for the next ten weeks they will share blog posts from ten different educators from around the world. The intent is to give voice to educators from around the world in an international discussion of education. Feel free to comment and enter the discussion.
SPEECH – 2013/4 EFA GMR
Esnart Chapomba, Teacher Educator in Malawi
Your Excellencies, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is great honour for me to be here in front of you today. As you have already heard, my name is Esnart Chapomba from Malawi. I would like to share with you some of the teaching and learning experiences from
Malawi. As most of you might have already known, Malawi is one of the countries in the Sub-Saharan Africa.
After adopting a Free Education Policy in 1994, the primary education sector in Malawi has been facing a learning crisis affecting the disadvantaged the most.
Teachers are few and far between. Class sizes are enormous and from the facts that I am going to share with you, I think that you will all agree that this has to change.
In Malawi children are not getting the best education and the quality of education is poor. Let me share with you some examples of what I mean by