Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 3, 2014

2-3-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week

With A Brooklyn Accent:











The Badass Teachers Association "Evaluate That" Campaing Goes Viral
The Badass Teachers Association exploded last night on Facebook and Twitter with their #evaluatethat campaign. The idea came to the Facebook page via Georgia BAT Stephanie Lavender Weber who was staying the night with her students in school due to the snow storms that hit Atlanta last week. Stephanie proudly posted about staying with the students and taking care of them until their parents could c
Evaluate That!!!
I have students sleep over when they’re thrown out of the houseEvaluate That I give them money for carfare when they have no way to go homeEvaluate That I stand between them and a knife aimed at their chestEvaluate That I tell my students that I love them and remind them they’re the bestEvaluate ThatI tell them that they’re brilliant when their tears fall on the testEvaluate That#evaluatethat


2-1-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week
With A Brooklyn Accent:With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All WeekA Common Core RapNotorious Phd's Common Core RapMy Core's not common,Neither's my brain,These tests they're givingDrive me insaneMy parents hate them,My teachers too,Someone was lookingFor students to screwTo make them helplessTo make them failTo get them readyFor Walmart or jailBut I'm not readyTo give up this soonMy parents taught meT