Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, January 6, 2014

1-6-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






Excellent “60 Minutes” Video: “Volcanoes: Nature’s ticking time bombs”
60 Minutes did an excellent segment last night titled Volcanoes: Nature’s ticking time bombs. I’ve embedded the video below, and it has additional resources at its website, including a transcript. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Volcanoes.
Learning About Tamales, Holiday Food Traditions & Three Kings Day
ELLs learn about tamales, holiday food traditions and Three Kings Day at my latest New York Times Learning Network post. It includes a student interactive and teaching ideas. I’m adding it to The Best Places To Learn About Christmas, Hanukkah, & Kwanzaa, which also includes more info on Three Kings Day (which is today). You can see all my New York Times posts here.

1-5-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: From The Archives: “Eight Things Skilled Teachers Think, Say, and Do”I’ve recently re-started an effort I’ve tried to do previously by regularly highlighting previous posts and articles I’ve shared in previous years that I think might be worth a second look. Eight Things Skilled Teachers Think, Say, and Do is an article I w