Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 19, 2014

1-19-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:








“Talks With Teachers” Interviews….Me
Educator Brian Sztabnik hosts a very interesting weekly podcast with other teachers called Talks With Teachers, and he just posted an interview he did with me. You might find it interesting. He’s got quite a few interviews with other teachers on his site that you might find equally or, probably, more worthwhile, too.

Video: Funny Language-Learning Commercial
I think this TV commercial has been around awhile, but I just saw it during the football game:

Important Info For All Email Subscribers To This Blog (& To Everyone Who Uses Edublogs)
As the nearly 3,000 people who subscribe by email to this blog know, I’ve been using Feedblitz for the past seven years to send out my posts daily by email. Feedblitz is a great tool, and I highly recommend them on The Best Applications For Creating Free Email Newsletters list. However, in order to use the free Feedblitz service, you need to allow them to put ads in the emails, which is reasonable


Even More Important Martin Luther King, Jr. Resources
Here are even more additions to The Best Websites For Learning About Martin Luther King: The greatest MLK speeches you never heard is from CNN.
Infographic: “Word Science”
As regular readers know, I spend very little time and thought into writing the typically bland headlines in my blog posts. I just figure my reputation for useful content, and the content itself, will do the job of encouraging people to read it. However, I found this infographic from Short Stack pretty interesting, not so much because I’ll be using it to craft future headlines, but because I think


Super Bowl Resources
It’s that time of year again — Super Bowl time! I’m writing this before the league championship games are played, but I certainly hope the 49ers will be in it. I’ve just updated, as I do every year, The Best Sites Where ELL’s Can Learn About The Super Bowl. I’ll continue to make new additions over the next two weeks.

YESTERDAY

More On The Sochi Olympics
Here are new additions to The Best Sites For Learning About The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games: Behind the Olympics: Teaching About Russia in the Putin Era is from The New York Times Learning Network. Jamaican Bobsledders Seek Money for Sochi Trip is also from The New York Times. CBS Sports has a continually updated special website on Sochi. TIME for Kids also has a special Sochi page. The Indep

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 1-18-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAYJanuary’s Infographics & Interactives Galore – Part ThreeThere are just so many good infographics and interactives out there that I’ve begun a new semi-regular feature called “Infographics & Interactives Galore.” You can see others at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographic