Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another Slice - V.A.M.: Value Added Measure

V.A.M.: Value Added Measure:





Another Slice of "American Pie"
A long, long time ago I can still remember how that teaching used to make me smile And, I knew if I had my turn that I could make those people learn, and... Maybe they'd be studying a while But, February made me shiver with every test score I'd deliver Bad news on the scantron - It made me want to rant on I can't remember if I cried when I read about a cheating tide Something touched me deep insid

DEC 16

Another Asinine Reason to Mock the Common Core
My name is Adam C Bergstein; I’m 43 and I suffer from lexile dysfunction, as do many men my age.  How many times has the woman in your life curled up to you in bed, book in hand, and whispered cooingly into your ear, be my stallion psychometrician and fully arouse my lexile framework? Yeah, sorry, all that means is that she wants to count word usage and sentence length. With that data in hand, one

DEC 05

RTTTT: Race to the Top Toys, Fully Aligned with the Common Core
1.  This beautiful Potty Training Dolly comes complete with milk bottles, diapers (because accidents will happen), a potty-training manual and a set of Common Core State Standards which makes great reading matter for your child while he or she finds himself less than busy with the business in the bathroom.  This product has been approved by forty-five states, the District of Columbia, four territo