Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12-17-13 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:






DeBlasio Shadow Transition Includes Advice from Rahm Emanuel
I never drank the BDB Kool-Aid and fear that the people of New York, in their determination to kick Bloomberg's ass right out of town, bought themselves a blanker slate than Barack Obama, which I thought physically and politically impossible. .... Comment on MORE listserve on Capital NY article on under the covers DeB consultantsThe same consulting group that helped Rahm Emanuel screw the teachers

Back to the Bataan Death March
Well, it's time to get back to the fray. I take a week off and head to Delray Florida for some serious tanning and eating and fraternizing and shit happened while I was gone. Well, I hope you've all been reading the fabulous bloggers on my blog roll to keep up. I am way behind. (I find it real hard to do much blogging while at the beach.) And it was only decent beach weather for the first few days


12-15-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Ed Notes Reprint, Nov. 2007: Welch, Tweed, Farina, and Creative DestructionThanks to Tim-Parent's comment at Gotham for digging up this ednotes piece from November 14, 2007, with discussion over a 2003 Carmen Farina quote in Businessweek that seemed to support the Jack Welch philosophy. But in 2007 Farina clarifies what she said with this:Farina's comment posted on the listserve S