Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 25, 2013

11-25-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:




@drsteveperry wants to use a strap on, or strap up, or whatever it’s called. @edushyster
The Edushyster has a really evocative piece up, a first person account, of that oddly aggressive charlatan and carpetbagger “Dr.” Steve Perry, whose EdD dissertation is insanely inadequate to keep forcing those initials upon us at every speaking engagement. A pathetic non-man, this Steve Perry is. Lame and limp. 

Book Review: John Owens’ Confessions of a Bad Teacher
I teach. I blog. I speak publicly. I advocate. I advise. I counsel. Not much time left for reading for pleasure. However, from the very opening paragraphs of John Owens’ firsthand account of the contemporary, reform-beaten American classroom, Confessions of a Bad Teacher, I was hooked: After we read the section of Homer’s The Odyssey […]



11-24-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Safe Spaces for Teachers’ Professional Voices in a Public SphereSafe Spaces for Teachers\’ Professional Voices in a Public Sphere. via Safe Spaces for Teachers’ Professional Voices in a Public Sphere.by plthomasedd / 15min YESTERDAYCommon Core Unrest Obvious in 17 StatesProponents of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are fond of saying that CCSS “has been adopted by 45 state