Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Coop Goes to High School Part 7 – Song & Dance | Lefty Parent

Coop Goes to High School Part 7 – Song & Dance | Lefty Parent:

Coop Goes to High School Part 7 – Song & Dance

October 26th, 2013 at 13:38
Me and my Ado Annie in Oklahoma
Me and my Ado Annie in Oklahoma
They say that the only two things you can be sure of in life are death and taxes.  But for most every kid, the one thing you can be sure of is going to school, which for me was a taxing and at times felt like a near-death experience.  For twelve straight years (I skipped kindergarten) , whether I liked it or not, whether it was the right place for me to develop myself or not, I reported dutifully in the fall and served until the next summer.  At this point I had spent the last eleven straight years dutifully reporting to my designated school facility each September and dreading it each and every time.
Dread and resignation.  That each new school year would present me with a new cadre of intimidating adults – teachers and counselors – who would control my time, my attention, and my fate.  I’d be thrown in with a new group of peers, some, many or all that I did not already have a relationship with.  Being shy, even timid, I was generally okay with people I had developed a relationship with, that respected me, but that always took me a longer time than most to get there.  For all those new peers I would be thrown in with