Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 9, 2013

9-9-13 teacherken at Daily Kos

teacherken at Daily Kos:





probably a propos of nothing
but just a few random thoughts as I sit in my classroom - I arrived at 6:15, we let students in around 7, and school officially begins at 7:17, although my first class today is not until 2nd period at 8:55 I sense a change in the political environment.  It is not just that the Republicans have overreached in appealing to their Tea Party element, although that is part of it.  That is reflected not


9-8-143 teacherken at Daily Kos
teacherken at Daily Kos: A daughter of Auschwitz in Northern Virginiathere is an amazing story in the Washington Post, titled Hiding in N. Virginia, a daughter of Auschwitz.  It is about Brigitt Höss  (born Inge-Brigitt Höss in 1933), whose father was the Commandant of Auschwitz.  The story is written by Thomas Alexander, who writes I discovered where she lived while doing research for “Hanns and