Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 1, 2013

9-1-13 Wait What?

Wait What?:






Feet flat on the floor, hands folded on the desk and eyes on me…
“While I am teaching, I want to see you in ready position…Being in ready position to learn means feet flat on the floor, hands folded on the desk and eyes on me.”  – A new fifth grade teacher at the new Jumoke Academy at Dunbar School. First came the Jumoke Academy, a Hartford based, discipline […]The post Feet flat on the floor, hands folded on the desk and eyes on me… appeared first on Wait What


8-31-13 Wait What?
Wait What?: Special Master Adamowski’s Failing Grade in WindhamAs if the term “Special Master” wasn’t bad enough, the fact that Steven Adamowski’s insulting, arrogant and undemocratic style is moving Windham Schools in the wrong direction makes the whole situation truly offense. In a very enlightening article in the Reminder News, reporter Melanie Savage provides a window in to the devastation tha