Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 31, 2013

8-31-13 Ed Notes Online 7th Anniversary

Ed Notes Online:







EdNotesOnline Blog 7th Anniversary: Reflections on 15 Years of Ed Notes
The real reason I got to meetings: rice puddingWith Aug. 2006 being the founding month of ednotesonline, I thought it time to reflect after seven years of ednotesonline (4954 posts) and 15 years of Ed Notes, when including the published versions.I was inspired by 3 blogs:NYC Educator who began in spring of 2005 but gained a big audience with his opposition to the fall 2005 contract.Jeff Kaufman st
Why Scott Stringer? Patrick Sullivan on the PEP and Beat Evil Eva Mosowitz
It was not small feat for Scott Stringer to give us the gift of Patrick Sullivan on the PEP, the lone consistent voice of the people over the years challenging the Tweedies time and again, at times on the verge of a fist fight, at times coming down off the stage to join the audience during certain disruptions. Now I know people say, "So what? Bloomberg doesn't really care about one or two voices i

8-30-13 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: WHY De Blasio? Make Evil Eva Moskowitz Pay the Damn RentThat's enough for me to vote for him. Do I actually think de Blasio will deliver on his promise to make charters pay rent? Slim to none. I don't see the charter lobby sweating much over his rise in the polls. I wonder if some secret message with a wink has been sent. Fact is I don't trust any politician and I think we will be