Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Trayvon Martins, The Marissa Alexanders, The Danroy Henrys, The Emmett Tills - The Jose Vilson

The Trayvon Martins, The Marissa Alexanders, The Danroy Henrys, The Emmett Tills - The Jose Vilson:

The Trayvon Martins, The Marissa Alexanders, The Danroy Henrys, The Emmett Tills



whitehoodiemask
I started out the morning with this …
Morning. Still in mourning.
Saddened by the situation that we were born in
People playing God with our kids’ lives,
It’s hard to see where the God is,
Or where your guard is,
Or where your heart is …
So now I mourn for all our Trayvons,
Searching for peace from here to now on,
How do we start this?
Start with our kids,
The Marissas, the Danroys, the Emmetts, the Yusufs …
But I let my thoughts swim a little more. I ache. I lose words easily. I disconnect readily. I rather not say. But here’s this:
To live in America as a Black person is often …
To live in perpetual anger as a result of society’s perception of you.
To see yourself misunderstood before you even step firmly into your environment.
To be assumed criminal, even when in expensive cloths and foreign wingtips.
To have your entire existence truncated to a supposition that, yes, you can
- See more at: http://thejosevilson.com/quick-rhyme-for-trayvons-mourning/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheJoseVilson+%28The+Jose+Vilson%29#sthash.wCDBpzYT.dpuf