Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: I Am Not a "Highly Effective" Teacher!: Student Test Scores Have Spoken!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: I Am Not a "Highly Effective" Teacher!: Student Test Scores Have Spoken!:

I Am Not a "Highly Effective" Teacher!: Student Test Scores Have Spoken!



 I saw this tweet after I had already written this post, and I thought, "How perfect!"

I found out today that I am an only an "effective" teacher as opposed to "highly effective."

I received my summative evaluation in June and I received a Satisfactory. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think "I'm all that and a bag of chips", but I felt I deserved more than a Satisfactory. So, I challenged it.

That's how I found out I am not a "highly effective" teacher. It's not because I don't engage my students, It's not because I don't find every way possible to involve my parents. It's not because I don't collaborate with my peers. It's not that I don't  meet the requirements of a highly effective teacher according to that infographic. It's not that I don't go above and beyond. (And understand I do these things because I choose to, because it makes it better for my