Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Diane in the Evening 7-28-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all

Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all:













Connecticut Policy Institute Responds to Critical Comment
In one of the comments on the blog, a reader posted critical comments about the Connecticut Policy Institute. The executive director of the institute, Ben Zimmer, asked me for the opportunity to respond. I agreed. I checked the webpage of the CPI, and note that it is in favor of charter schools in poor districts, using test scores (“effectiveness”) to evaluate teachers, using an A-F grading system


LISTEN TO DIANE RAVITCH 7-28-13 Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all
Diane Ravitch's blog | A site to discuss better education for all: Children or Lab Mice?A teacher in Broward County writes: “I am tired of hearing about data. We teach CHILDREN, every time I hear about the data, I feel like they think we are training lab mice,”by dianerav / 19minHow “Reformers” Are Lowering Standards for EducatorsA reader sent the following commentary on reformers’ efforts to lowe