Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

7-30-13 teacherken at Daily Kos

teacherken at Daily Kos:










... and now the return to the classroom begins
I will not have students until August 26, but today I begin my transition back to being a classroom teacher.  I will spend from 8:30-3:30 in an AP Summer Institute presented by two experienced AP US Govt and Politics teachers in Anne Arundel County.   Strictly speaking, I did not have to attend this, as I am an experienced AP teacher and have served as a Reader (grader) of the Free Response Questi

teacherken at Daily Kos
teacherken at Daily Kos: A few thoughts on VA in 2013byteacherkenSaturday evening was the annual Arlington County Democratic Jefferson-Jackson Dinner.  I am not doing as much politically this cycle, either volunteering or financially, because of my wife's illness and my forthcoming new job.  But I am a consistent supporter of the local Democratic party (which is VERY EFFECTIVE) so I attended the d