Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

NYC Educator: UFT on Evaluation System

NYC Educator: UFT on Evaluation System:

UFT on Evaluation System

On Sunday I posted about the new evaluation system, and about how effective ratings started at 9 according to NYS statute, but started at 15 in Reformy John's decree.

Today I spoke to a UFT source, who told be this was not accurate, because we start with 13. When I asked what that meant, he said if we reached the target, which was 60%, we would get the 13 points. My source was not able to answer my question---60% of what. My source was also unaware whether this 13-point head start applied to state, local or both junk science measures.

However, my source stated that Syracuse only received 3% to start on whatever it was they did there. 

My source promised to have a better-informed source get back to me. I will share whatever I hear with you, faithful readers.

If you aren't busy tonight, come see me, Diane Ravitch, Leonie Haimson, Carol