Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Daily Kos: Brothers and Sisters: Holding Someone in the Light

Daily Kos: Brothers and Sisters: Holding Someone in the Light:

Brothers and Sisters: Holding Someone in the Light

Back when I was sitting my wife's hospital room on January 27, I raised the subject of her illness with a diary I titled Quakers ask people to hold them in the light.  As I take my periodic turn to offer Brothers and Sisters, I thought I would offer some thoughts on this Friendly practice, sharing some thoughts of others as well as my own.
i invite you to continue reading.  And remember:
Welcome to Brothers and Sisters, the weekly meetup for prayer* and community at Daily Kos.  We put an asterisk on pray* to acknowledge that not everyone uses conventional religious language, but may want to share joys and concerns, or simply take solace in a meditative atmosphere. Anyone who comes in the spirit of mutual respect, warmth and healing is welcome.