Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hunger Strike Saves PS 154 in the Bronx!!!.southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:


Hunger Strike Saves PS 154 in the Bronx!!!

The first post of the New Year and the first post since a hunger strike had been announced. Lots to tell, lots to explain.

The hunger strike was in support of PS 154 to keep it from closing and The Crack Team here at SBSB won.PS 154 is not closing thanks to the hunger strike, even an abbreviated one at that.

I have learned that when one announces a hunger strike, one should notify one's spouse, or at least talk it over with said spouse. Last Wednesday, the 2nd, when I got home I got quite an earful from my wife and just as importantly, from my doctor. My doctor informed me that in my condition the lack of food will kill me much sooner than a normal hunger strike