Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ed Notes Online: What Were We Thinking? - Norm in The Wave

Ed Notes Online: What Were We Thinking? - Norm in The Wave:


What Were We Thinking? - Norm in The Wave

Published in print edition Friday, December 21, 2012, www.rockawave.com

By Norm Scott

Here’s hoping everyone is recovering as best they can. I’m so glad The Wave has come through this. Seeing it out again is a clear sign we are moving towards the new normal.

Monday morning, October 29, at 10:30, I posted a piece on my blog about the education evaluation negotiations and the January deadline imposed by Cuomo and how it might tie into a UFT contract, plus other issues all coming together at the same time. I lightheartedly titled it “The Perfect Storm.”

What was I thinking? We had decided not to leave Rockaway, though when I had looked out the window at around 8AM there was water coming up my bay block street from the ocean. And when I saw my neighbors across the street come racing out of the house around 10AM with a suitcase it got me thinking. Some of my