Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The IEA’s response to being MIA on Labor Day. « Fred Klonsky

The IEA’s response to being MIA on Labor Day. « Fred Klonsky:


The IEA’s response to being MIA on Labor Day.

Photo: Sarah Ji
When retired teacher and IEA member Sig Lisowski emailed IEA President Cinda Klickna and asked her why the IEA was MIA at the huge Labor Day rally in support of Chicago teachers, she responded:

Thank you for your email.

I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I’m currently out of state at the Democratic Convention, but I understand thousands of IEA members participated in Labor Day events all over the state in the last few days, making a presence in their local communities.

I’m glad participation was high for the Chicago event and I hope you were able to