Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Peg with Pen: Sitting Ducks in Suburbia

Peg with Pen: Sitting Ducks in Suburbia:


Sitting Ducks in Suburbia


I attended my son’s middle school Back to School Night this past week; you may recall that this is Sam’s first year in a public school.  I especially enjoy these events because as a former public school teacher, I enjoy hearing teachers speak, I love being in their classrooms and I most definitely want to let them know I appreciate their talents, education, dedication and time spent working with our children.

During my fifteen years of teaching my last five were spent teaching teachers and administrators in the public schools. A few of my responsibilities included training teacher leaders in the classroom, supporting administrators in classroom observation as well as