Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 15, 2012

One Teacher's Perspective: Paul Ryan Disappoints Young People on Gay Rights

One Teacher's Perspective: Paul Ryan Disappoints Young People on Gay Rights:


Paul Ryan Disappoints Young People on Gay Rights


Guest blogging this week is my nephew, Thomas Strieker, who shares a memorable 2005 meeting with Paul Ryan. Thousands have viewed my take on Paul Ryan.  Readers seem interested in perspectives from Ryan's hometown of Janesville. Thomas was raised in Janesville and graduated from Parker High School.

Janesville feels so far off the map that when someone gets any national attention my heart beats faster.  So I was excited when Mitt Romney tapped Paul Ryan as his running mate.  The all-seeing eye of American Politics gazes on my