Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Duncan -- the less said the better

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Duncan -- the less said the better:


Duncan -- the less said the better

Popout

Many of last night's speakers at the DNC were over the top. Arne Duncan wasn't. I actually missed his speech. I was too busy teaching my class of future teachers. From what I heard, Duncan's ratings were pretty low and there was hardly a mention of his speech, or of education issues at the DNC, in this morning's news. I had to watch the video of Duncan's speech this morning on WSJ's website.
Duncan: "Education is about jobs." 
What? Really?

Leaving aside for a moment whether or not education should really be about filling corporate job slots (my