Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grumpy Educators: Don't Cry for Me JC Penney.

Grumpy Educators: Don't Cry for Me JC Penney.:


Don't Cry for Me JC Penney.



Today I visited the local JC Penney store and happily purchased a pair of shoes on sale. What a deal! The salesperson was great, but prior to the end of the transaction asked if I wanted to donate 45 cents to Teach for America. I let her know that the question itself was upsetting to me. She gave me my receipt, told me about the online survey, and said I could voice my concern there. I did just that. Here's what I sent using the character limitations available. Upon checkout, I was asked if I would like to donate to Teach For America, which is not a charity. It is a controversial national organization that provides zero benefit to any schools or children in my