Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 23, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: #Why I Don't Use Technology: Anti-Tech Teachers Lament Has No Standing!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: #Why I Don't Use Technology: Anti-Tech Teachers Lament Has No Standing!:


#Why I Don't Use Technology: Anti-Tech Teachers Lament Has No Standing!


The conversation went something like this:
Teacher: Do you know he suggested using Tagxedo at Reading Night?
Me: What a wonderful idea!
Teacher: I don't see why they want to use technology. (said with disdain)
Me: Why not? The kids and parents would have a good time.
Teacher: What if it doesn't work? What if it doesn't print? Then what are we supposed to do?
Me: What do you mean doesn't work? It's really easy to use.
And the conversation continued...

"Technology" is not something you can pick up or put down, it's not a solid object. That is what frustrates me so