Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The in box. “I spent my summer traveling the US from east coast to west coast spreading the message.” « Fred Klonsky

The in box. “I spent my summer traveling the US from east coast to west coast spreading the message.” « Fred Klonsky:


The in box. “I spent my summer traveling the US from east coast to west coast spreading the message.”


You may remember that I did a post about Adam after the NEA RA last July. We worked together on getting the NEA to pass NBI 13, which called on the NEA to support the CTU in their negotiations with Chicago’s Mayor and his hand-picked school board.
Friends and Family across the United States-
 As most of you know Chicago Teachers Union has been in a fight to win a contract that requests not only fair compensation, but also great teaching and learning conditions in the face of mass privatization and charterization.  Our mayor has promised 250 more charter schools in place of traditional public schools.  Our mayor has promised more testing for our kids, and rating teachers