Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Geaux Teacher!: I TOLD YOU SO MOMENT #3 VIRTUAL SCHOOLS

Geaux Teacher!: I TOLD YOU SO MOMENT #3 VIRTUAL SCHOOLS:


I TOLD YOU SO MOMENT #3 VIRTUAL SCHOOLS

I am posting a press release that I received today regarding on-going research into the viability of virtual charter schools.

Much has been said by many, including me, about the limitations, pitfalls and opportunities for abuse with the current reform supported proliferation of on-line learning for K-12 students. Bottom line - in too many cases virtual charters feed the corporate bank accounts and political aspirations of one "He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named" current Louisiana Governor.

Colorado has had longer to feel the pain of K12 Inc. and it is from that state that this report eminates. However, it was previously reported that K12 Inc. is being sued by its own stockholders for inflating its claims of success