Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 18, 2012

Ghost roads and union cards. « Fred Klonsky

Ghost roads and union cards. « Fred Klonsky:


Ghost roads and union cards.


It’s only a 9 mile drive from my school to my front door.
But on a Friday afternoon the inbound commute on the Kennedy Expressway can take any where from 60 to 90 minutes. I’ve tried many alternate routes. But that’s the commute time on a Friday  afternoon
But not today.
Since Mayor Emanuel turned downtown Chicago into a police state for the NATO meeting, many folks stayed home today. NATO turned the Kennedy into a ghost road. I was home in 15 minutes flat.
I heard a funny story for the first time today.
A few weeks back when our Region went down to  Springfield for our own Lobby Day, not everybody road the bus.
For some of our colleagues it was easier to drive themselves because of where they live or the need to get back


Won’t you please come to Chicago…


Photo: John Kugler