Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Geaux Teacher!: YET ANOTHER INVASION BY U.S.Ed.gov

Geaux Teacher!: YET ANOTHER INVASION BY U.S.Ed.gov:


YET ANOTHER INVASION BY U.S.Ed.gov

Another right-on post by conservative think-tank guy Rick Hess. I hope he appreciates my occasional re-posts. I've included my comment at the end. 



RTT for Districts: Taking the Hubris Meter to 11 


RTT for Districts: Four Things I Don't Love

By Rick Hess on May 29, 2012 7:57 AM



Last week, I kvetched about the problems with RTT-District. I'll just say a bit more today. There are four things that particularly struck me about this $400 million exercise:

1. ED anticipates giving out 15 to 20 grants, with amounts tied to district size. Big districts, serving 10,000 kids or more, can get all of $20-$25 million. Smaller districts are eligible for less. In a small urban like Washington,