Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ode to The Charter School Pusher MAN





H.R. 2218: Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act

112th Congress: 2011-2012
60%
40%
To amend the charter school program under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965.
Status: This bill has been passed in the House. Next: The bill goes on to be voted on in the Senate.Explanation: Keep in mind that debate may be taking place on a companion bill in the Senate, rather than on this particular bill. [Last Updated: Sep 14, 2011 6:16AM]

BILL OVERVIEW

Co-sponsors:
Text:
Summary | Full Text
Status:
Occurred: IntroducedJun 16, 2011
Occurred: Referred to CommitteeView Committee Assignments
Occurred: Reported by CommitteeJun 22, 2011
Occurred: Amendments (8 proposed)View Amendments
Occurred: Passed HouseSep 13, 2011
Not Yet Occurred: Senate Vote...
Not Yet Occurred: Signed by President...
Last Action:
Sep 13, 2011: On passage Passed by recorded vote: 365 - 54 (Roll no. 705).
Related:
See the Related Legislation page for other bills related to this one and a list of subject terms that have been applied to this bill. Sometimes the text of one bill or resolution is incorporated into another, and in those cases the original bill or resolution, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned.
Votes:
Sep 13, 2011: This bill passed in the House of Representativesby roll call vote. The totals were 365 Ayes, 54 Nays, 12 Present/Not Voting. Vote Details.
You are not tracking any senators or representatives. To see their votes here, look up a Member of Congress.
View all 4 votes on this bill.

Steppenwolf - Steppenwolf (1968)
The Pusher (Hoyt Axton) - 5:49

You know I've smoked a lot of grass
O' Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, I say The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, God damn the Pusher
I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man.